- Income Tax Returns, for both royalty income and salary under PAYE
- Tax Interviews for online book distributors
- Self employed business accounts, both management and year end
- Tax planning and advice
- Company Accounts
- Annual Confirmation Statements
- General Company Secretarial support
- Corporation Tax Returns
- Monthly or quarterly management accounts
- Tax planning and advice
Other services (some may be billed separately)
- Payroll calculations, payslips and end of year returns P60 / P35 etc (billed separately)
NOTE 2021: I no longer offer bookkeeping services, or handle VAT returns.
- on request, including management reporting for sales and royalty income, by titles.
Ongoing resources and advice
You will be able to email and call with any queries you may have from time to time. Your annual fee is quoted inclusive of this, so there’s no extra charge each time you contact me*.
*subject to it being in the normal course of your business. Any additional projects / reports / business developments may incur extra fees. This will all be discussed with you before starting any work.
Our relationship and billing
Most of my contact happens through email, telephone, and video calls, but client visits are always welcome. I can provide references on request. These may be anonymised, according to my clients’ preferences.
We will both sign an engagement letter with all the details of what services are included, and all the terms and costs. I will register myself as your tax agent at HMRC and Companies House (if applicable), so that I can deal with them direct on your behalf.
Fee billing is available in monthly instalments, in advance for the coming year end, to help both of us with cashflow! If there isn’t enough time for a full year’s fee to be paid this way, any balance remaining will be billed in a single invoice at the end of work done.
It’s not feasible to quote a One-Fee-Fits-All because every client is different. But as a guide:
My current rates for a self-employed client are £30 a month.
For an incorporated client, they are £45 a month.
For self assessment:
- Preparation and filing of the self-assessment return
- liaison with HMRC as your agent
- online set-up and filing for all relevant taxes (Income Tax, Corporation Tax etc) initially, and also ongoing
- completion of your Tax Interviews with book distributors and publishers (if required)
- ongoing advice during the year on your tax and income situation.
For a company (in addition to the above):
- Preparation and filing of annual accounts
- Preparation and filing of Corporation Tax return
- Completion of the annual Confirmation statement
- basic Company Secretarial duties including providing a Registered Office address.
Additional work will usually incur additional charges, dependent on how your business operates.
Individual elements of the package can be negotiated separately.
One-off project work can be considered and negotiated separately.