What Are The UK Tax Year Dates And Filing Deadlines?
- The tax year runs from the 6th April – 5th April. Your accounts need to be calculated according to these dates.
- You can start submitting your tax return on the first day of the next tax year 6th April.
- 31 October is the deadline for paper filing of tax returns.
- 30 December If you are also employed, you can choose to pay any tax due through your PAYE code, instead of making a big payment on 31 January, but only if you submit your tax return before 30 December.
- 31 January is the deadline for online self-assessment filing. It is also the deadline for paying any income tax due, Class 4NIC and your first payment on account for next year.
- 31 July is when your second payment on account becomes due.
Bemused by all the rules? Nervous of accounts and tax? Need another pair of hands?
Contact Quids & Quills and ask if I can help.